How it helps the community…
The biodigester is a sealed container that allows the decomposition of organic matter under anaerobic conditions and facilitates removal of the product gas for use as energy. The Añangu harness the energy and rely on it due to its advantages, like:
- It is a renewable and sustainable energy.
- The by-products can be used as fertiliser.
- It helps to avoid the use of local wood hence the forest resources are preserved.
- Promotes sustainable development.
- Prevents contamination of aquifers.
- Creates jobs opportunities.
- It redirects and exploits the toxic gases created by factories and landfills, which helps reduce the climate change produced by the carbon imprint of the factories.
Also, the biodigester creates an organic fertiliser (Biol), which is used for the communal chacras and familiar chacras (small parcel located near the house reserved for harvesting). With this kind of fertiliser the community can obtain better products without fertilization agrochemicals.
Embarking in an Amazon Rainforest Travel or Tour will bring you closer to nature without a doubt; however, this cannot be your single reason for visiting the Amazon. The way the Kichwas conduct their lives in something to be amaze by and take part in it, so you can take some useful knowledge of to protect the environment.
Once you’re at the Napo Cultural Center, you will have the opportunity of visiting the Interpretation Centre, meet the people, learn their ways, taste every piece of good food. Researchers and not can equally enjoy the wonders hiding away on this part of South-America.